Meet John O. Akers, D.D.S.
Dr. Akers has been in private practice and a forerunner in the specialty of dental implants since 1981. He was the first oral surgeon in the state of Florida to perform simultaneous maxillary and mandibular Teeth in an Hour procedure. Dr. John Akers works with the area’s best dentists to provide his patients with teeth in the same day. His extensive experience allows him to offer patients the highest quality care that is available in dental implantology.
Dr. Akers grew up in Daytona Beach, Florida. He has always had a passion for helping people. At the early age of five he knew his calling was to be a doctor. Dr. Akers has a love for the outdoors. He enjoys hunting, fishing, and traveling the world with his family.
After receiving his Bachelors of Science degree from Presbyterian College, Dr. John O. Akers, D.D.S., went on to earn his doctor of dental surgery at the Medical College of Virginia’s School of Dentistry. His internship was held at the Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center, followed by two residency programs at the Medical University of South Carolina: one in pediatric dentistry and one in oral and maxillofacial surgery. Dr. Akers is a board certified by the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Dr. Akers holds memberships in the following professional organizations:
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, Fellow
- Florida Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Volusia-Flagler Dental Association, Central District, Past President
- Florida Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Southeastern Society Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- International Association Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Fellow
- Ormond Beach Rotary
- Dental Implants
- Wisdom Teeth
- General Oral Surgery
- Orthognathic Surgery
Florida Oral & Facial Surgical Center is a State-of-the-Art facility that creates a comforting atmosphere for patients is also a setting for educational seminars given by Dr. John Akers.
Dr. Akers and his team at the Florida Oral & Facial Surgical Associates are proud to offer full scope oral maxillofacial & cosmetic surgery to patients in Daytona Beach, Palm Coast, New Smyrna Beach, Titusville, Deltona, Port Orange and Ormond Beach, FL.
Dr. Akers is married to Jennifer and has two children, Jesse Akers Reagin, D.M.D. and William Akers IV, D.C. and four grandchildren. They reside in Ormond Beach, Florida.