Meet Curtis J. Schalit, D.D.S.
Dr. Schalit is well known in cosmetic surgery circles as a surgeon, an instructor and accomplished speaker. He lectures nationally and internationally on cosmetic facial surgery and also hosts monthly seminars for the public, speaking on ‘The Latest Techniques in Facial Rejuvenation.’
Dr. Schalit is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and board certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Schalit is partner with Florida Oral & Facial Surgical Associates and is the Chief Surgeon of the Division of Maxillofacial Surgery at Halifax Health Medical Center and Florida Hospital Flagler, as well as, an adjunct professor at Nova University, training residents in facial cosmetic surgery. Dr. Schalit is also a national trainer for Allergan Cosmetics, Inc. and he personally holds a Diamond status with the company.
In addition to serving the community with his vast training and experience, Dr. Schalit is founder of Flagler Wolfpack Youth Football, where every kid plays, and co-founder of Operation Changing Lives, a medical based nonprofit organization that performs life-altering maxillofacial surgeries on disadvantaged patients with severe facial deformities, both in the United States and abroad.
Dr. Schalit and the entire team of medical professionals at Florida Oral & Facial Surgical Associates are committed to providing the utmost in quality care for cosmetic and oral surgery to patients in Daytona Beach, Palm Coast, New Smyrna Beach, Titusville, Deltona, Port Orange and Ormond Beach and St. Augustine, FL.
Dr. Schalit holds the following distinctions:
- Key Speaker – Facial Rejuvenation: New Techniques and Treatment Options, 89th Annual AAOMS meeting
- Key Speaker – Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery (ASPAN) American Society of Peri-Anesthesia Nurses National Meeting
- Member, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Member, Southeastern Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Diplomate, Florida Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Member, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Chief Surgeon, Halifax Health-Division of Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery
- Adjunct Professor, Nova Southeastern University
- “Angel of the Year” award for Outstanding Community Service presented by Millennium Women Foundation of Volusia County, 2006
- Cosmetic Surgeon for the Millennium Woman Foundation, providing a better life for single mothers in Volusia County
- Lead Investigator for Juvederm research study
- Diamond Level for Allergan; lead Botox distributor for the Central Florida Region
- National Trainer for Allergan, Botox, Juvederm, Voluma Cosmetics
- Yearly missionary work in the Dominican Republic, providing cleft lip and palate surgery to children and young adults
Citizen of the Year Award 2015 , Rotary Club of Flagler Beach