Florida Oral & Facial Surgical Associates

Our History

Florida Oral & Facial Surgical Associates has been serving patients in the Central Florida area since 1956. In 1956, P.T. Fleuchaus, D.M.D., M.S.D., established a private practice on International Speedway in Daytona Beach. During the past three decades, tremendous changes have taken place in the Volusia and Flagler County areas and in the rapidly advancing field of oral and maxillofacial surgery.

To meet the growth, Dr. Fleuchaus was fortunate to meet and join forces with a fine group of surgeons, Dr. John O. Akers, and Dr. Curtis J. Schalit. Coastal Oral & Cosmetic Surgical Center grew to three locations to serve patients throughout the Volusia and Flagler County areas. We expanded our services to include facial cosmetic surgery. In 2003, a licensed ambulatory surgical center was built to accommodate the growth of our center, which was renamed Florida Oral & Facial Surgical Associates.